Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ms. Pat Dupuy and "Skeletons"

Save Our Cemeteries is one of those wonderful organizations in New Orleans that preserves and promotes interest in New Orleans cemeteries. Ms. Pat Dupuy is a member and tour guide "extaordinaire" for SOC. I am thrilled that Ms. Dupuy is presenting a Lecture as part of SOC Public Lecture Series. For those of you who are in New Orleans or the surrounding area, I encourage you to visit. Ms. Dupuy will be presenting "Skeletons in Our Closets: 1850's New Orleans Personalities. Not only is she going to lecture on these very interesting New Orleanians, she has some fantastic photos of their final resting places. Ms. Dupuy has sent some of these photos to me and I will be sharing them with you. They're wonderful photos and I encourage you to take a look at them. Just scroll down below these two posts and I will be displaying several photos of hers and changing them every few days for your enjoyment.
The Lecture is Saturday March 7, 2009 at 1:00 pm at the Louisiana State Museum Arsenal (through the Cabildo) which is at 600 St. Peter Street in New Orleans. It is free for SOC members and $5 for non members. I have attended many lectures presented by SOC and I have never been disappointed.
I know that Ms. Dupuy will do a wonderful job and I'm looking forward to her presentation. Please try to make it and enjoy her beautiful photos

No comments:

Post a Comment